state of the live web | technorati April 7, 2007Posted by nicholas gill in account planning, blog, brand, content, press release, social networks, strategy, user generated content, web 2.0.
Technorati have just released their state of the live web(blogosphere + social web) report. Some staggering numbers:
- 70m blogs, 120k new blogs each day
- 3-4k splogs each day (spam blogs usually = crappy marketing blogs)
- the blogosphere growth rate has slowed but is still doubling every 320 days (as at March 2007)
- 1.4m posts per day / 58k+ per hour
- at 37%, japanese is the most popular blanguage (blog language? I think I just made that bullshit bingo up) with english close at no 2 with 36%
So I guess we all still have something to yak on about.